Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let Go

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Let Go   Let Go Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 3:24 pm

This past year, I've really taken to Christian Rock music. I live around a bunch of very old fashioned people who think that if it isn't southern gospel then it's of the devil.

I found out though, that I have a lot of caged up anger. It's not at any person that I know. It's really anger at the devil. He has tampered with my life so much. He's stolen a lot of what I love. My family has left God. Some of them are heading directly towards death. Sickness is running rampant in my family. We're struggling so hard to work in ministry for God, but at every turn we are looking for a new church because something happens. I've went through all those ordeals throughout my life that I mentioned in my life. I'm just angry at the devil and this music helps me express it.

There's a song by Red called Let Go.. They sing, "You can't have me anymore more so just let go." And you can fell their anger at the devil for taking so much of their lives away.

And then there's a song by Carman called Satan Bite the Dust. He sings, "I'm tired of you in my family and I'm tired of you in my church." And everytime I sang that line with the song, I always came to tears because I am tired of it. I'm tired of Satan always winning with my family. I'm tired of him tearing down family relationships, church unity, health, and passion. I just want him to let go.

He's no longer going to win in my life, and I'm going to do everything I can to see that he no longer wins in my family and church.

There's another song that was a favorite of mine when I was a child. It today reminds me that I have authority over Satan. "I command you Satan in the name of the Lord to pick up your weapons and flee for God has given me the authority to stomp all over thee." And I do. I stomp on his head. I do it literally. I remind him that he has no power here. I tell him in the name of Jesus to get under my feet and then I stomp.

Jesus is the Lord of my life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
DND

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let Go   Let Go Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:06 am

It's not christian rock, but there a favorite of mine says
For the chains that seem to bind you
Serve only to remind you
As they drop powerlessly behind you