Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Occupation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Occupation Empty
PostSubject: Occupation   Occupation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:05 am

Everybody knows how bady I want to be a Youth evangelist, but everyone also knows that that ministry doesn't pay well enough to live off of.

My dream occupation is an at home desk job around my family building webpages. I'm not the most skilled web page designer since I only know two computer languages, whereas most others know 5-6 and can program sites. I can only make layouts, my own graphics, and put some fancy animations here and there.

I was researching the salary of a web designer, and it said an inexperienced college student could earn 25$ an hour building the initial webpage, and it takes around 16 hours to make the page from scratch. After the page is up and running, it only needs tweaked here and there when things change such as events or new management, etc, and that only takes about 15 minutes.

That means, to build a webpage for a company, I could charge 400$ and be at home doing it. And then I could charge 20$ a week to make all necessary changes throughout the rest of the business relationship.

Now I wouldn't charge that much, maybe half that for the initial set-up, but just think if I built up several clients. It would be a well supporting job. I plan on taking college courses to learn new languages to further my designing skill.

Please pray that I begin to get paying clients so I can turn something I enjoy doing into a life long career.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Occupation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occupation   Occupation Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:32 am

I am going to be starting college this summer to work my way to be a full fledged designer. Pray I make it through
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Occupation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occupation   Occupation Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:01 pm

That is awesome! I will be praying that you reach your goal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Occupation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occupation   Occupation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Occupation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: Prayer Requests-
Jump to: