Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life Prisons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Life Prisons Empty
PostSubject: Life Prisons   Life Prisons Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:29 pm

I bet everyone was wondering when I was going to start doing this again. Well spread the word because I have a new Bible that will help me understand passages more clearly so that I might give you guys better insight of what I have read. I know the following passages is rather long, but it is necessary to make my point.

Act 16:24-30 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks. And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed. And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here. Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

There are times in our lives that we feel we are locked up, held down, and shackled to the walls. We have been beaten and battered, and we don't know where all this is coming from. It is our spiritual prison.

Paul and Silas were thrown into prison for professing their faith and teaching Jesus Christ on Roman territory. Being beaten and thrown into a cell, they didn't do what an ordinary person would have done. There was no whining, or self pity. There was no anger or depression. They saw it as quiet time between themselves and God, and began to praise Him.

In our times of trouble and need, sulking around the house won't do us any good. Rejoice in the Lord because you are alive. Praise Him because He has given you salvation.

When Paul and Silas praised the Lord, He set them free of their bondage. He came down and touched them where their need was.

As we praise the Lord in the troublesome times in our lives, we can feel our heart being lifted. Continual praise puts us in a better mood when the world is crashing down all around. And before you know it, God has not only put you in a good mood, He has removed your shackles and set you free.

I believe Paul and Barnabas had a purpose to their imprisonment. That guard was there at the right place at the right time, and through their praise in their time of trouble, a soul was led to Christ. Lives were changed because they decided there was no use to sulking. Praise God anyhow.

Too many of us as Christians want to praise God when everything is going fine, but when the trouble hits, we run screaming to God, "Oh why God? Why is this happening to me?" We become whining babies. Our attitude should be, "God, I see the storm clouds coming, but I know you are there and I have faith that you will take care of me. Thank you God."

Think about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Life Prisons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Prisons   Life Prisons Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:56 pm

Yes, I have been there several times in my life.It usually doesn't last long, because I finally realize He is with me, and in control. And Joseph, I have missed these. I don't always have a comment, but I always read and enjoy them. Keep 'em comin'!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Life Prisons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Prisons   Life Prisons Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:22 pm

Just pray that God keeps revealing things to me, and I'll keep sharing what I got out of the scriptures.

I'm glad you enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
ChildofGod
ChildofGod

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Life Prisons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Prisons   Life Prisons Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:24 am

I am glad to see you are writing these again I know it helps you with your studies... And as always it is very well written and I can relate... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/candy_cane_7_11
Sponsored content

Life Prisons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Prisons   Life Prisons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life Prisons
Page 1 of 1