Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walk and Talk

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Walk and Talk Empty
PostSubject: Walk and Talk   Walk and Talk Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:36 am

Phillipians 2:14-15 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

I have always told you to profess Jesus to everyone you see. Spread the gospel that all may come to know Jesus. I want to say something other than that tonght. It may seem a little controversial and forward, but it is the truth.

If you don't plan on living a life of truth and love, if you don't plan on trying to follow after the will of God (I know that none of us are perfect. There's a difference in messing up and blantantly living a life by the flesh), then please, by all means, don't tell everyone about Jesus.

Now before you close out of this post, and begin to think I'm an utter whack job, finish reading what I have to say.

Jesus set his children here as lights unto the world. When we begin to profess Jesus, everyone begins to watch. The world sits there waiting for us to mess up so they can jump up and say "I told you so!" and the lost are watching because they want to see if we have what can fill their void.

Those of us who talk the talk but don't walk the walk set bad examples for the world. We see it in the news all the time. A self proclaimed Christian starts supporting or participating in things that are not scriptural, and the world shuts out Christianity because they see it as fake and hypocritical. The lost look at the hypocritical religious folk and say, "why do I need to come to Christ? They are just as messed up as I am." And they walk away with less of a likelihood to ever come to the joy and truth of a life in Jesus.

I applaud those Christians who stand up for what they truly believe. They reach out to the needy. They love their neighbors. Who is a neighbor? Anyone who has a need no matter race, social class, religion, or anything of the like. Those who walk and talk show people the joy in living with God. They show a real change and people begin to want what they have. They light up those dark places and begin to affect those around them.

Thank God for people who will truly live for the Lord.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Walk and Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk   Walk and Talk Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:47 pm

We didn't have church today because of the snow. Too many wasn't going to be able to get there. Me included. So I'll get my "church" from here and TV. I wish there was a way I could let you know how much I really love your Bible studies. And it seems like there are quite a few readers on "Foot Prints".
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Walk and Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk   Walk and Talk Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Tell me you love them by sharing them with other people. I write so that I can reach. E-mail them to people and tell them where you got them, not from who, because I don't do it to get credit. Maybe by sharing them, more will come to read them and get touched by God's word.
Back to top Go down
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Walk and Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk   Walk and Talk Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:01 pm

I don't know how to do that. I'd have to copy it all by hand, then type it all onto an e-mail. Cheryl's tried to show me, but I haven't "got" it yet. Remember, I'm old, and never knew [b]anything about computers until 8 months ago. And nobosdy around to show me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Walk and Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk   Walk and Talk Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:07 pm

I can make it easier for you. PM me your E-mail address. I can E-mail them, and then you can forward them.

But I'll keep writing them as long as the verses keep saying something to me.
Back to top Go down
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Walk and Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk   Walk and Talk Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:15 pm

OK, I'll do that, except I don't know how to PM you from here. Have to go to Rivertalk to do that. Soon as I do that, I have to go outside to do my feeding and watering[ bad as I hate to]. Nice being able to talk to you again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walk and Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk   Walk and Talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walk and Talk
Page 1 of 1