Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where were they?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Where were they? Empty
PostSubject: Where were they?   Where were they? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Mat 20:18-19 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

I'm sorry I'm a little late with my Easter message, but since it has been Easter, I've been spending time with my family. I hope all of you enjoyed your Easter.

How many times in the Bible did Jesus promise the disciples that He would raise again from the grave after His death for our sins? The disciples saw all the miracles. They heard all His teachings. But when it came down to His promises, did they really believe? Jesus said that He would rise again in three days. The disciples were given a set time frame. However, where were they during the resurrection? If you truly believed in what Jesus said, would you have been in your home morning his death, or would you have been at the tomb ready with the celebration party?

This was a promise that the disciples missed out on. They didn't get to see the resurrection. They still got to meet Jesus again before the ascension, but how awesome would it have been to actually see the stone rolled back and Jesus stepping out of the tomb with the glory of God all about Him?

Here we are in the today and now, and we are still missing out on the promises Jesus spoke of. We read the promises He has in store for us in the Bible, but we don't believe they are really meant for us, and we don't wait for them to come. Instead of believing God is going to take care of us, we try to take matters in our own hands. When we do this, things get more and more messed up.

I believe it is time for the church to begin to take God at His word, and instead of being at home mourning, wait at the tomb for the promise to come forth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07

Where were they?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: Bible Study-
Jump to: