Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obama and McCain pro-choice?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Obama and McCain pro-choice? Empty
PostSubject: Obama and McCain pro-choice?   Obama and McCain pro-choice? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:47 pm

Is it true that both electives and their running mates argue that women have the right to abort their child? the obama campaigners said mccain was for pro choice also. i asked someone else and i didn't really get a solid answer
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
hersheychick

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: obama and mccain   Obama and McCain pro-choice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:03 pm

obama is for all abortion and mccain isnt for any abortion from what i heard. i htink its all wrong but obama also believes that its ok for teenage girls to go over state borders to have an abortion without parents consent. which is just wrong but ya thats all i know
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Obama and McCain pro-choice?   Obama and McCain pro-choice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:42 pm

I actually did some research and found out the answer to my question. I just didn't come back to post it here because I felt like I was talking to myself Razz

Obama and McCain are both pro Choice. McCain is just more strict about the matter. His cut off date of when the mother has to forfeit the abortion option is sooner, and he wants to add that their can't be abortion without circumstances. A valid reason.
Back to top Go down
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Obama and McCain pro-choice?   Obama and McCain pro-choice? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:49 pm

This is a testimony from a nurse in IL.

"I know his reasoning, because I was there.

As a nurse at an Illinois hospital in 1999, I discovered babies were being aborted alive and shelved to die in soiled utility rooms. I discovered infanticide.

Legislation was presented on the federal level and in various states called the Born Alive Infants Protection Act. It stated all live-born babies were guaranteed the same constitutional right to equal protection, whether or not they were wanted.

BAIPA sailed through the U.S. Senate by unanimous vote. Even Sens. Clinton, Kennedy and Kerry agreed a mother's right to "choose" stopped at her baby's delivery.

The bill also passed overwhelmingly in the House. NARAL went neutral on it. Abortion enthusiasts publicly agreed that fighting BAIPA would appear extreme. President Bush signed BAIPA into law in 2002.

But in Illinois, the state version of BAIPA repeatedly failed, thanks in large part to then-state Sen. Barack Obama. It only passed in 2005, after Obama left.

I testified in 2001 and 2002 before a committee of which Obama was a member.

Obama articulately worried that legislation protecting live aborted babies might infringe on women's rights or abortionists' rights. Obama's clinical discourse, his lack of mercy, shocked me. I was naive back then. Obama voted against the measure, twice. It ultimately failed.

In 2003, as chairman of the next Senate committee to which BAIPA was sent, Obama stopped it from even getting a hearing, shelving it to die much like babies were still being shelved to die in Illinois hospitals and abortion clinics.

(As chair of that same committee, Obama once abruptly ended a hearing early, right before Scott and Janet Willis, the parents of six children killed as a result of Illinois' drivers licenses for bribes scandal, were to testify in favor of Choose Life license plate legislation. I was there for that one, too. The Willises had traveled three hours. Reporters filled the room. Obama stalled. He later killed the bill when no one was around.) "

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51121

Not someone I could ever vote for.
Back to top Go down
ChildofGod
ChildofGod

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Obama and McCain pro-choice?   Obama and McCain pro-choice? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Obama believes in late 18week abortions and mccain believes it has to be done before 9 weeks of life....Sad huh....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/candy_cane_7_11
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Obama and McCain pro-choice?   Obama and McCain pro-choice? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:50 am

Obama believes in very late term abortions. A lot of these babies were born alive, and were refused medical treatment. I watched a 19 year old girl on Fox news, telling her story, that was aborted. Had it not been for a nurse at the clinic, that called an ambulance and got her to a hospital, she would be dead. I don't know how these people can sleep at night. These people don't realize, or care that they will answer for this before God.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Obama and McCain pro-choice?   Obama and McCain pro-choice? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:02 am

That's the problem with this country lately. A majority of people... including some claimed Christians... state "What does God have to do with the running of this country?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama and McCain pro-choice?   Obama and McCain pro-choice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama and McCain pro-choice?
Page 1 of 1