Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fire in my Bones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Fire in my Bones   Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Jeremiah 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay. The prophet Jeremiah, loved God with all his heart. He was called to tell what God had to say. He talked about him all the time. It was impossible for him to keep his mouth closed about God because the message was like fire in his bones. He couldn't keep it in. Not talking about God would burn him alive metaphorically. He knew the most spectacular person in existance and he just had to shout it from the rooftops. How many people know a secret that just eats away at them? They just have to tell someone else the secret before they go crazy. It tears apart their mind because it's something so big or so shocking or so amazing. Secrets are so hard to hold sometimes because they fill you up like eating fire. That's the same way the message of Jesus should be in our lives. It's something so amazing and so wonderful that it should tear us apart if we can't tell someone about it. And when we tell someone, it begins burning us again because we just have to tell someone else. God is always refreshing and always new. He does something wonderful everyday, so everyday we should have something new that we just have to tell someone. It should be exciting and wonderous at the same time. If we began to become excited about God like Jeremiah was, we would see the doors of the churches in Hannibal burst open with people wanting to get in to see what was going on. Why is everyone so excited? What do they got? I want some of it! There is no such thing as being too fanatical about Jesus Christ. A fanatic is someone completely obsorbed and taken over by a certain idea or thing. That should be us. God calls us to completely sell out to him, and surrender it all. He calls us to love him above all else, and live all everyday to show him glory. That sounds like a fanatic to me. I am proud to be a fanatic for Christ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07

Fire in my Bones
Page 1 of 1