Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Good Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: A Good Day   Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 am

Many things happened today, and most of it happened within 2 hours during morning church service at Jim Allen's church.

Let me take a minute to figure out how to word all of what I want to say.

God moved in a very special way at church today, and He ended the service (well for us) by speaking over my family with a couple of the leaders.

God is continually reminding me that He knows of all the work I'm doing for Him, not for my glory, but just out of appreciation of what He does for me.

Today God spoke and said He has called me, and that I already knew He has, and that I was correct in the direction I felt He was calling me to. He reminded me that He was working on me and that soon I would be working in that calling. Times would get tougher and tougher, but I'd reach God's goal for my life.

He also spoke to me that no matter how many people say that I'm not good enough to be a child of God, He does see me as His child. I have been told for the most part of my life that I wasn't good enough to be a Christian. That I was screwed up and would most likely go to Hell. But I held on tight in my heart knowing that I was trying my best. I know I fail, but my heart is in the right place, and I've put my faith in Christ. It doesn't matter what the people around me say. All I need to know is that God accepts me as his child.

God spoke to Ashlee and told her that she would be helping me in my calling. I didn't catch much of what He said to her after that because it was for her. If she wants to tell you, maybe she'll write about it.

Okay, that was the first part, now let me give you some background information about my children.

Isaiah

My oldest son is the product of a rape. My wife was slipped a drug, and woke up with no memory of events and pregnant. She didn't find out she was pregnant until she was four months into the ordeal. I was excited about a child being born into my life, but you know the reaction of a teenage girl who just found out she was pregnant. She began to accept it a little while down the line. I could never imagine my life without Isaiah. I truly believe he is a miracle. A pheonix rose from the ashes of disaster.

While Ashlee was yet pregnant with Isaiah, a woman at Faith Chapel prophesied that Isaiah would be our testimony. He was born six weeks early, healthy, and already able to lift his head. He has grown to be very advanced in his intelligence, has a body of all muscle, and is full of energy.

Here lately, he has grown an anger issue. He throws things at walls, beats people, screams, and refuses to let people pray for him. It has begun to worry us as parents. We don't know whether to give him time outs or send him to an exorsist . Sometimes it actually gets a little scary. He is only almost three right now.

Hannah

Born 5 weeks early, she came out crying, and did not stop crying for a whole year. Doctors told us over and over that she was a colic child, but the gastro doctor said nothing was wrong with her digestive system. She ate and used the restroom just fine. Her first winter of life, she spent in the hospital because her lungs were under developed and colds turned straight into RSV. A doctor tried to send us home saying she was doing fine, but let her stay in the hospital after we begged him. If she would have went home that night, she'd have died because her lungs collapsed. She was put on oxygen and an apnea monitor. We called her our robot child. We later on found out the true reason she cried so often. The acid levels in her blood are elevated and she has a condition called demilination (sp?) where the lining of her nerves was eroding. This was causing her to have sensory overload because her body took in too much information at once, and the acid levels made it so she never has true rest when she slept at night causing her to wake up multiple times in the night. She also had tendenitus in her neck and developmental issues both mentally and physically.

She has had prayers go out for her her whole life and since she has been removed from her apnea monitor, caught up developementally, and we don't use her oxygen even though it is still prescribed to her. God answered our prayers for her.

Now my newest baby is here, and well, you guys know all about him.

Okay, last bit of history.

I am constantly praying that God uses my kids to prove that He can use little kids to do miracles, spread his gospel, as prayer warriors, that kids can have a relationship with Christ.

Now to what else happened today.

During our morning service, as Elijah was being prayed for, the lady praying for his said she saw a vision of three kids playing in the yard. One was pulling another in a wagon outside (Isaiah always pulls his sister in a wagon). The wagon tips over and the one riding gets a little hurt. The one pulling stops to go pray for her. The vision meant that my children would learn and practice faith as long as we taught it to him. It was a conditional vision, but one that meant the answer to my prayer was in reach.

There, I'm sorry I typed so much but it was a big day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
ChildofGod

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day   Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:12 am

I will explain a little more of what was prophesied over me a little later... but I really enjoed service this morning it even sent me to the altar just praying for mine and my husbands fire to be rekindled and for my children to have a relationship with him as well even as young children. I know that God has a plan for all of our children and I truly believe that with my whole heart and today I was reassured... Also today we were singing "Hol Ground" and when it got to the pat about Angels all around I had a vision of angels standing beside each of m children. That was so awesome to just know that God has his hands on them and that even as busy as he must be he can still take the time to come down and speak to little ol' me.... What a mighty God we serve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/candy_cane_7_11
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day   Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:33 am

ChildofGod, as I read your post I got goosebumps!

What a mighty God we serve!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day   Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:24 pm

I love to hear testimonies of how God is working in Christians lives. When He gets that close to you, you're just awe struck!! We do serve a mighty God.[which is one of my favorite songs. My son, who was our worship leader until he died 4 years, sang that better than I've ever heard it sang. Maybe I'm just partial, but it was great!] By the way, Ashlee, I like your avatar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day   

Back to top Go down

A Good Day
Page 1 of 1