Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Word

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 am

Luk 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

Denying Jesus before men is more than vocally saying that you don't know Him. If you hide the fact that you are a Christian, or refuse to talk about Him to others, it's the same thing. You can deny Christ through your actions whether it's because you are embarrassed or too busy. If you deny Christ, He'll deny you before the Father.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:01 pm

Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

This verse speaks multitudes to me. It's a powerful verse that can be looked at in several different ways.

During the time, Jesus was talking about being lifted up to the Father in His glorified form after the ressurection. After His ressurection, His spirit would draw all people around the world to come to the knowledge that He is the savior, and faith in Him leads to eternal life. He only said He would draw the world, the world has the choice of whether or not to answer the tug on their heart. He will continue to draw the lost towards Him, but they have the ability to reject Him.

The second thing I get out of this verse is written in a song "Lift Jesus higher. For He said, "If I'll be lifted up, I will draw all men unto Me."

Lifting Jesus up with our life of praise draws people to the light He has placed in us. People see Jesus in our lives when we use our every day as an act of worship; when we do everything as a way to glorify Him. People will take notice. Now, they usually don't ask, but they do notice. While we are living a glorifying life to the best of our ability, we should also tell others about Jesus. Living the life is like casting out the line. Telling the gospel is like attaching the hook. After the hook is placed in, our continuance of living the life and talking the talk reels in the lost by the power of Jesus. Yes, sometimes the line breaks, but the mark is left on their lives already, and the next hook is more likely to reel them in for the next person.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:27 pm

Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Have you ever noticed the difference between the way proud people and humble people are treated? When a man goes around saying how good he is at everything, people reply by saying, "you know you aren't better than anyone." His pride has been hit and he is pushed down. When a person goes around doing things because he likes to do it without bragging people compliment him on the work he has done. They lift him up. He didn't desire to be told he was good at what he did, he just enjoyed doing it.

When you realize that you are nothing without God, He will lift you up and tell the world how much He loves you and appreciates you. But once you get a proud step and start thinking you don't need God in every aspect of your life, He takes a step back to set you in your place.

The truth is, we really are nothing without our savior. Our life has no depth or purpose. We can't be truly happy. There is a unquenchable hunger to fill a void in the heart. Our very life wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Him breathing it into our bodies. Humble yourself before God and He will raise you up out of the mire.
Back to top Go down
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:09 pm

Joseph, I really am blessed by the things you write. The words seem to just flow from you. I love Bible studies, but for some reason, I can't seem to be able to participate on line. Wish I had the way with words that you have. It's one of His gifts for you that I don't have. Keep it up !! I love you
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:15 pm

thank you. It's nice to know someone is actually reading what I have to say. I have been struggling to write anything recently because it felt like no one cared anywhere I write. Talking about the Bible gets me more into the Bible and it helps me keep moving forward in my walk with God.
Back to top Go down
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Just so ya know, I always read what you write, too. I just can't express myself the way you can. What a gift you have.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:29 pm

Embarassed

you guys are helpng me get back into my bible studying time. I'll try to type up a new verse and description everyday. It'll slip here and there but I'll try my best.
Back to top Go down
pray2him4u
Pew Warmer
Pew Warmer
pray2him4u

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:31 am

Your doing a wonderful job. And I have enjoyed them also.
Keep up the good work but stay off my toes! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:37 am

what good is a verse if some toes dont bleed? Razz
Back to top Go down
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:35 am

I've had my toes stepped on a few times. But not by Joseph.YET
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:11 pm

Luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

If you can't tell, I've been reading Luke lately Razz I find him to be very descriptive, and informative.

A child is very impressionable and passionate when.. well.. they're a child. When you teach them about Jesus, they hold tight and have full faith in what He can do for them. Any miracle is possible in their minds. Any form of worship is open to them. And they feel completely safe in the arms of God.

And then they run into the ideas of an adult. Adults begin to tell them that they can't dance for God, and that they need to keep the "Amen" shouting down. They begin to feel self conscious and those shackles begin to be placed on their feet.

They begin to hear adults blame God for the problems in their lives, and their faith thins out. They get told that God won't answer their little prayers, and all those miracles they once believed in fade away.

Thinking about this process burdens my heart. What cruel person can tear away the dreams of a child? God tells us to be like children. If He wants us to remember the kind of faith and willingness to worship and help that we had as a child, then obviously children are doing something right that we aren't.

Maybe we need to take lessons from them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Luke 18:29-30 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

When I read over this verse today, it hit me very powerfully.

I know everyone knows about the verse that talks about "pressed down, shaken together, and overflowing." Talking about how God blesses you. But this verse has become more of a ritual thought then something powerful, and people forget that they have to give something up to receive that overflowing blessing.

They begin to ask God why they aren't getting blessed as much as other people, and the like kind of questions. Firstly, they may be just as blessed but in different areas of their lives and they are ungrateful for it, or they aren't putting out as much to God for Him to return.

In our walk with God, we have to give up a lot of things to remain obedient. Tithing is one example. But there are evangelists who at times have to leave behind their families to spread the Word. There are pastors who have to be on call 24/7 and it cuts into their personal lives. We give God time by praying and reading our Bibles. We give God our talents when we work for Him in any sort of ministry. The fact is, as Christians, we have to hand over to God a lot of who we are. Some people hand over more than others.

The miracle in the matter is that God returns what we give Him with an abuntant interest. He doesn't let us go unrewarded for what we do for Him as long as we are doing it for Him and not just to receive praise or the returned blessings.

If your life is seeming dry in the blessing area, do two things. First, look at all aspects of your life and see if God is blessing you in other ways and it's just not the way you wanted. And second, look at how much you are truly giving God of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:24 pm

Luk 21:12-13 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

As Christians, we fave a lot of persecution. We get mocked and talked about. In some cases, people are murdered for their belief in Jesus even in the USA. All these things will rain down on us, but God is always there, and he leads us out.

Think of the testimony we can give to those around us who do not know Jesus when we have entered the fire and came out praising God. Trials make testimonies, and testimonies win souls to Jesus.

Just think about it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

There are some self proclaimed Christians out in the world who look down at other Christians whispering amongst themselves rumors and discords. They complain that the other Christian isn't living the way they should be, and that the things they are doing aren't "normal"

Who are they to judge another servant of Jesus?

Believers don't have to live up to the standards you have placed on their lives. What you think doesn't matter, and it won't get them into Heaven. They just need to worry about what they are doing to please Jesus. It is up to Him whether or not the servant is doing good because they are His servants.

When we begin to attack other people's faults, we lose sight of our own, and many times our own begin to grow as a result. Our own lives should be our focus on the matter of whether or not we're hitting the mark.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:19 pm

I've decided to do my Random Word as seperate topics in case anyone had anything they wanted to say to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Word Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Word   Random Word Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Word
Page 1 of 1