Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter Solstice Decorations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Winter Solstice Decorations Empty
PostSubject: Winter Solstice Decorations   Winter Solstice Decorations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Athiests and Agnostics have decided to start decorating the government with their own holiday decorations. The Washingston State Capital now has some anti-Christian decorations. One inparticular says

"At this season of the Winter Solstice, may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."

On the back it states "State/Church - Keep them separate"

Is it just me, or are the American citizens trying to blot out all evidence of Christianity?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
DND

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice Decorations   Winter Solstice Decorations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:14 am

That seems to me to be a direct contradiction to their stated mission, when a state owned building directly tries to convince us there is no God or anything associated with him. There is no separation of church and state at that point. If anyone knows anyone in Washington state they should be encouraged to call their political representatives, and try to get this taken care of, and by all means pray.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice Decorations   Winter Solstice Decorations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:30 am

they consider it okay because it was civilians that brought in the decor, not the government officials. I mean, theres a nativity scene and a "holiday" tree there as well, but this decoration is the most prominent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
ChildofGod
ChildofGod

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice Decorations   Winter Solstice Decorations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:14 am

It is ridiculous.... It makes me a little sick at my stomach to be completely honest... Lord if we've ever needed you its now!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/candy_cane_7_11
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice Decorations   Winter Solstice Decorations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Solstice Decorations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: