Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the depressed and broken hearted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DND

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-31

the depressed and broken hearted Empty
PostSubject: the depressed and broken hearted   the depressed and broken hearted Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:08 am

This time of year brings with it much depression and apathy for those who have lost jobs, loved ones, and in general their way in life. While we all know God walks beside us, and even carries us when needed, many do not know or cannot see this. As we celebrate the birth, life and works of the Christ child keep in mind those who have lost focus, or need an introduction.
Back to top Go down
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: the depressed and broken hearted   the depressed and broken hearted Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:38 am

Even as a christian, depression could creep in on me real easy. Normally I'm never depressed. But with the economy as it is, I struggle to pay my monthly bills each month. Giving for Christmas? That's out this year. So I have to keep reminding myself God's in control, and He WILL continue to take care of me. I don't know how anyone without God in thier lives survive.
Back to top Go down
ChildofGod
ChildofGod

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: the depressed and broken hearted   the depressed and broken hearted Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:08 am

I know that there are lots of people struggling right now most all actualy and we to are struggling and it is taking a toll on me as well.. I have been praying all day about everything and just praising him and trying to be grateful for everything that I have right now and it is helping me get through it... I have come to the realization that when it rains it pours and that though there may be many things coming against us right now theres always a calm after the storm. I believe we are all being tested right now and it is ten times harder when your loved ones who used to be there for you arent just a phone call away anymore. And it takes alot of prayer not to dwell on that during the holidays but God is always there... Its just making yourself know that in your heart to get the peace you need. But I am ever so grateful for everything right now... I have everything I need and I am quite satisfied with just that.... and for the first time in a long time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/candy_cane_7_11
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: the depressed and broken hearted   the depressed and broken hearted Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:43 pm

That's one thing that we have to do to get by. Counting blessings is the only way to see how truly blessed you are. There are so many blessings that we just look over and we get worn out and weary because of it. The despair begins to set in. But if we take the time out with a piece of paper and a pen and begin to write down what is truly good in our lives from the smallest thing to the greatest, we'll know that our life is truly worth living.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the depressed and broken hearted   the depressed and broken hearted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the depressed and broken hearted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: Prayer Requests-
Jump to: