Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweet Memories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Sweet Memories Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Memories   Sweet Memories Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:37 pm

Thanksgiving is over, and suddenly we all switch gears. Bell ringers are out, and Santa hats pop on. Christmas music comes from every corner. Stress levels are raising while people are racing to give their families the best Christmas ever, or get that one in particular gift. But through all the hustle and bustle... and balding from yanking your hair out... take a momemt to remember the good ol days that warmed your heart.

Let's hear from you your favorite Christmas memories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
ChildofGod
ChildofGod

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Sweet Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Memories   Sweet Memories Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:09 pm

My favorite Christmas memory would have to be when I still believed in Santa... We hung our lists out on the door on St. Nicks day and waited for Santa to pick them up (it was a tradition my family always did...) We basically stood by the window waiting for him yet here and there looked away... My brothers and I were so excited that Santa was coming so that we could get everything on our lists... Yet somehow we missed him... he took our lists and left ornaments with our names and the year on them as he did every year... We were so frazzled and yet so excited... We finally... Years later... figured out how my uncle had done it... He said he had to go to the bathroom jumped off his deck and come around to the front grabbed the lists left the ornaments and ran back around to his deck and came back out of the bathroom... We never even knew what had happen... We laugh every time we talk about it now as we look back...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/candy_cane_7_11
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Sweet Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Memories   Sweet Memories Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:36 pm

My favorite memories of Christmas were going to my Grandma's every Christmas Eve. All of my aunts, uncles and cousins were always there. There were soooooo many people there. My Grandmother built a smaller house, and the family continued to grow, until there were 3 generations of people crowding into her little house. After getting to go for 35 years, she decided to just have her children come on Christmas Eve. I was so sad the first year I didn't get to go. She is almost 90 now, and this year she says she isn't doing it at all. My brother, my Dad, and my Grandpa have gone on to be with the Lord. Christmas will never be the same again without them, and being at Grandma's.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Sweet Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Memories   Sweet Memories Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:06 pm

I remember when I was in the Christmas Program at First Assembly. It was called reindeer rebellion written by Andrea McNeal. It was a pretty funny play to begin with, but the funniest part was near the end.

During our practices, I remembered all my lines except for a speech which I was told I didn't have to remember because I would be able to have a copy when the Grinch took Santa to court for overworking them. (I was Santa)

The day of the play came. Children Church had a program before us. I asked the children church director if I could put my speech on the podium so it would be there when the scene came. He said it would be safe there.

I went through the entire play with flying colors. It was a wonderful experience. And then the court scene came..... My speech wasn't there. I knew none of the lines in the speech. I whispered to the Grinch "call for a recess". He said "Cindy Lu Who (the judge) I call for a brief recess"... and I ran off stage. Before I went out the door, I heard the Grinch say "Santa had to go pee" and a reindeer yelled "see too much milk and cookies!" The crowd roared with laughter. I was behind stage searching right and left for a script while the actors were adlibbing. The audience didn't know anything was wrong until I came back

"Due to technical difficulties, I dont know my next lines because I need a script!" I was given a script.. thoroughly embarrased.. and continued on with the program.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Sweet Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Memories   Sweet Memories Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:09 pm

That was funny! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Memories   Sweet Memories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet Memories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: