Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Think On It

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Think On It Empty
PostSubject: Think On It   Think On It Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Too many of us roam around from day to day focusing on all the negative aspects of life. "It's too hot today" "I just can't stand how slow these people drive"

It begins to wear down our good attitudes, and changes them into something rotten.

Then there are those of us who think about things we shouldn't. "Man, that person sure is hot mmm mmm" "I want that item so bad. Too bad I can't just steal it." And we find our bodies beginning to take action with our thoughts.

Paul tells us that if we begin to focus on the good and true aspects of life, our daily lives will be easier. Temptations that were once mountains become anthills because our minds realize that they are no longer a big deal. Things that used to get our temperature boiling now just pass by because we realize it wasn't something to truly get steamed over. It becomes easier to let things go. Our overall attitudes begin to improve, and joy begins to take over our lives.

Once we begin to clean up our minds, everything else will begin to follow.

"Traffic sure is slow today, but at least I have a little time to pray now."
"The day sure is beautiful. I can enjoy it with a glass of ice water."
"That sure does look like a nice person. May God bless them."
"God has provided everything I need."

It is a choice to change the way you think about things. Once you choose, it turns into a blessing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07

Think On It
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: Bible Study-
Jump to: