Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unbound

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Unbound Empty
PostSubject: Unbound   Unbound Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:53 pm

2Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

An old pastor of mine talked everyday about the freedom that comes through having a personal relationship with Christ Jesus. He would always mention somewhere in his sermons, "Whom the Son sets free is free indeed." And though it became repititious, it provided a lot of encouragement to the congregation.

There are all sorts of drugs, self-help books, doctors/counselors, and remedies out there in the world that tell you that they can basically set you free from whatever is going on in your life. Alcoholics have AA. The bipolar have anti-depressants. The chronically ill have 32 bottles of pills (exagerration). But the thing of the matter is, when you finish your 12 steps, you're still an alcoholic. You just don't drink. When you are on your anti-depressants, you are still clinically bi-polar. And so on. Things offered by the world never truly let you experience freedom. The burdens are still there.

I just want to offer some encouragement. There is a way to truly be free of those burdens. You can no longer be an alcoholic, bipolar, clinically ill person (or whatever your bondage is may it be smoking or low self-esteem).

This verse tells us that there is true freedom where the Lord is.

Just invite the Lord to be with you. Once you latch on to Jesus, and begin that personal relationship with Him, all these freedoms are obtainable. You just have to reach out and grab them with faith. One of the reasons we see so many Christians still struggling with their bondages is because they don't believe Jesus can truly offer them freedom from it. I tell you right now, He can.

I have seen smokers stop cold turkey because someone prayed for them never desiring to light up another. I've seen alcholics put down their liquir because they felt the Lord tugging at their heart. I've seen people with the most vulgar mouth clean up in minutes only to speak in love from the moment they got up from the altar. And I've seen the broken hearted walk away with a spark in their step and a smile on their face because they were freed from the pain.

The freedom is there. Will you grab hold?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07

Unbound
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: Bible Study-
Jump to: