Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have been asked

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

I have been asked Empty
PostSubject: I have been asked   I have been asked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:45 am

People asked me to keep believers in touch open. I will keep it open on the condition that all the daily readers register for accounts and post messages every now and then. I feel strange talking to myself on here. This forum is open to talk about anything. Politics, sports, daily life, business, whatever. It doesn't just have to be about the Bible. The purpose of this forum was to provide an atmosphere of love and respect. To get away from backbiting and slander into a place where we can love each other and provide support.

If the viewers want to see this thrive as such, then please, take part and help it grow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

I have been asked Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have been asked   I have been asked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:37 pm

I didn't want you to close it either, but I didn't feel right asking you not to, when I wasn't participating. You're right, it's hard to talk when you feel like nobody's listening.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

I have been asked Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have been asked   I have been asked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 pm

I found out last night through my wife that there are a lot more people from here in town that come in just to read. I'm not much of a blogger though. I like to talk with other people not just have them hear what I have to say. Many times, what I have to say can be wrong in some areas and I won't know unless I am told. That's why I ask for feedback. Talking about God's word among other believers is what promotes growth in the word.

And it's hard to make Christian friends around here, so I wanted to open up a place where they would gather so that we could be encouraged with the fact that there are those out there running the race and standing up for God. If we don't see the other Christians out there, we become as Elijah. He felt that he was the only one left serving the Lord.
Back to top Go down
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

I have been asked Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have been asked   I have been asked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:53 pm

I had noticed that even though there wasn't anything going on, there were some showing up to read. So it wasn't completely dead yet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

I have been asked Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have been asked   I have been asked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:59 pm

They were watching here and there. I actually felt guilty that I had not typed up anything for them to read.

This forum has helped me get through so many books of the Bible already. I read until a verse sticks out at me, and sometimes it take 5 chapters before I find the verse I want.

I don't like typing those in depth teaching studies because people won't read them. (This is what was being said in the verse, and in this verse it just tells the history of so and so) I'd rather write something from the heart, so it takes a while to find the verse for it.
Back to top Go down
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

I have been asked Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have been asked   I have been asked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:08 pm

You're right. If you just printed out part of the Bible, it wouldn't be interesting. I'm not saying the Bible isn't interesting, but if that's all it was, you could just read the bible.I like the way you do it. Mention a scripture, then give your thoughts from your heart.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

I have been asked Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have been asked   I have been asked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:14 pm

When you start doing verse by verse studies, it starts to feel like you are in school instead of just hearing what God has to say. I mean, verse by verse makes for some good learning, but it's best to have a pot of coffee nearby before you start those, or at least have a pillow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I have been asked Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have been asked   I have been asked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have been asked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: