Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Temple

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

The Temple Empty
PostSubject: The Temple   The Temple Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 2:56 pm

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

This verse was one of my daily verses, but I didn't realize how powerful a verse it was until I sat down to think about it.

On the outside, you see that Jesus is talking about his death and resurrection. Though the Jews didn't understand at the time, Jesus was prophesying his fate that would save us all.

I looked one step further into his statement and found that he was claiming to be our temple. It lifted my spirit.

Through Jesus only can we come to worship God. We praise with all our hearts while we are standing in his presence.

Through Jesus only can we bow on our knees and cry out to God. He is the mediator between us and the throne.

Through the sanctuary in Jesus can we truly have peace. He is our friend there til the end and beyond. he in the stronghold that keeps us save.

It is also through him that God speaks back to us. John 1 tells us that Jesus is the very word of God. When we read the Bible, we are reading Jesus. When we listen to the pastor, we are listening to Jesus being taught.

If you break Jesus down into a church service (a temple) We have praise and worship, Altar call, the message, and the answer to our hearts questions all through him and in him.

Thank you God for giving us a temple that we can live in daily!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07

The Temple
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: Bible Study-
Jump to: