Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Anchor Holds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

The Anchor Holds Empty
PostSubject: The Anchor Holds   The Anchor Holds Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:49 pm

I'm sorry that these devotionals/studies have been slimming. I've been so exhausted this past week, and I see more exhaustion in the future. With the new baby, it's hard to find time to get some sleep. He likes to play at night, my daughter likes to pitch fits in the middle of the night, and through both screaming, my oldest wakes up and is ready to get his day started. Satan really likes to tear down our bodies because he knows that when the body ceases to be able to function, our spiritual health begins to fall short also. Reading my Bible is now me forcing my way through the blurring words that just aren't registering in my mind because the lack of the ability to concentrate. Please pray for my wife and I that we may find rest in our physical selves that our spiritual selves may be renewed.

Heb 6:19-20 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Whenever you find time, read the book of Hebrews. I find it is a real reassuring book, and it's hard for me to not do a verse by verse study for you guys. I'm really enjoying it so far.

In this day and age, trials and stresses are becoming more and more prominent in our lives. Things are steadfastly going downhill. Our children are running off doing things that aren't healthy. Our economy is falling to pieces. Marriages aren't lasting. People are forgetting what love and charity are.

Though the world is falling apart around us, there is still one thing that holds sure and steadfast. The first verse decribes Him as the anchor. Jesus is the consistency that we need in our lives. He never changes, and He is always there with arms open ready to receive us and offer security and comfort. If we latch the anchor to our lives, we need not have the fear of being carried away with all our troubles. Jesus will hold on to us. He promised to never leave or forsake us. And through these troubles, He promises to always be there to listen. He understand what we are going through because He came to earth as a man to experience the troubles for Himself. He can now offer His hand to us with understanding in His heart.

I find the second verse above just as comforting. In the days before Jesus, the only people who could go behind the veil were the high priests. They had to be perfect or else they would die instantly. Behind that veil was the very presence of God. It was called the Holy of Holies. Jesus, being the forerunner, tore down that veil. Now, we who are not perfect, can enter into the presence of God seeking His comfort and guidance in our hard times. We can enter into the Holy of Holies freely seeking refuge and salvation.

It is reassuring to know that God hears our cries, and we can go boldly to His feet for the love and support we need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07

The Anchor Holds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: Bible Study-
Jump to: