Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life For All

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Life For All Empty
PostSubject: Life For All   Life For All Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:24 am

Life for All

John 10:17-18 …because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again…

The story of Easter is one of beauty, pain, sacrifice, and life. Many of you may already know it, but for those of you who don’t, I will give you a brief summary of that story.

Jesus is God come down to flesh through a virgin birth. He lived 33 years on this earth performing miracles, and giving the message of salvation. The Jewish leaders of that day thought that the truth Jesus spoke was an abomination, and had Him hung on a cross to die a horrible death. Three days after that death, He rose again from the grave to live forever more. This is the very foundation of the Christian faith. Jesus loved us so much, that He died that our wrong doings, no matter how bad they are, could be forgiven. Then He rose again so that we could have life with Him.

The significance in the previous verse is that Jesus did not have His life forcibly taken from Him. The Roman soldiers didn’t drag Him away kicking and screaming or begging for His life. Jesus went with peace. He knew that His last few days of life were of great importance to our very salvation. He chose to die.

Many people don’t know the definition of unconditional love, but you can find it in the story of Jesus. He knew that we as people were the scum of the earth. We are thieves. We are liars. We are murderers. He knew us, yet He still loves us. He knows what horrible things we are capable of, but there He is with His arms open ready to wrap them around us saying welcome home. That’s why He had to die on the cross.

You see, we would never have an open doorway home if He hadn’t sacrificed His life. Imperfection cannot come into the presence of God the father. But now, Jesus gave us access. All we have to do is put our trust in Him. Believe in your heart that He died and rose again for our wrong doings. Confess with your mouth that He is the Lord of your life. He’ll take over, and He’ll show you that wonderful love He has to offer you. Anyone is welcome. There is no sin too great. God can still use you. He used Paul after Paul hunted down thousands of Christians and killed them. Paul came to know Jesus as Savior and wrote half of the New Testament in the Bible.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Through Jesus is the only way that we can truly have life. There is a peace and joy that overpowers any dark place. He rose again into life so that He could take us into that very same life. When you trust in Jesus, you become invincible in the fact that, even in the death of your mortal body, you still have eternal life with Him in paradise. Please think on this message of hope. This true message of Easter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07

Life For All
Page 1 of 1