Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Praise and Worship

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Praise and Worship Empty
PostSubject: Praise and Worship   Praise and Worship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Mike Purkey, one of my favorite singer, states in one of his songs, "I'm tired of the way people shout at football games. Then they come to church and act real quiet while I praise Jesus' name. Well if you feel the way I do why don't you get up off your seat and let the spirit move ya from your head down to your feet." If someone wins a million dollars or their favorite team wins the super bowl, they jump up and dance all over the place, but if God moves in their midst, they are too used to him to react.

I'm tired of other things getting the praise that God deserves. We sing Shout to the Lord, but no one shouts. "They will dance with joy like we're dancing now" but no one dances.

Don't get me wrong. I understand tha different people praise in different ways. The important part is that they praise with all their heart. If you are willing to scream over a millon then why not God?

When Ashlee and I were on the praise team at Faith Chapel, we could look out into the audience and see how God wanted to move in some peoples lives if they'd only open up to him. They; however, would sit with scowls on their faces or sing just to sing with no meaning behind it, and it broke our hearts.

I am guilty of not giving God the praise he deserves also. I get furious at myself over it. I've danced because I won a sport or was given a gift then went to church like a bump on a log. It's wrong, and I beg God to break the shackles off my feet so I can dance.

I just want to Praise him. God is always great. God is always awesome. God is always big. Christians, it's time for you and I to attempt at making our praises what He deserves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Praise and Worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise and Worship   Praise and Worship Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 pm

I agree. I would love to start a fire below the congregations feet. I love to see young people when they really let loose. They're not as bashful about dancing and singing loud.
Back to top Go down
ChildofGod
ChildofGod

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Praise and Worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise and Worship   Praise and Worship Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 pm

There is nothing more precious than a chilod who can fully serve God with an open heart. Our praise is not near as open hearted as we'd like it to be or even like to think that it is. We have truly backed off the old ways of praise and worship where we actually wanted to see Gods glory and actually yearned for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/candy_cane_7_11
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Praise and Worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise and Worship   Praise and Worship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:33 am

I kinda get carried away sometimes, yet I still hold back and don't let it all out. I guess I'm afraid somebody's watching me. The one's that just sit there probably are. lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Praise and Worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise and Worship   Praise and Worship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:10 am

I visited a couple new churches, and I became extremely reserved in my praise for that very reason. Especially this one church.. not naming names... There was a woman who raised her hands up in the air... kept her eyes wide open... sat in the front pew... and stared back at everyone to see if they were praising or not... gave me the willies
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
pray2him4u
Pew Warmer
Pew Warmer
pray2him4u

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Praise and Worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise and Worship   Praise and Worship Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:34 pm

Ok I can scream my lungs out during a single football game... Ohh wait I do that every week. LOL

But I agree with everything you said. I have also visited churches where you sit in the pew and sing and ones where you stand on your feet and shout. But I think P&W is a personal thing. Don't matter what song it is or who is standing around or even where your at... (Ask my family about riding with me and I get all into P&W while driving. LOL) It a personal moment between you and God. Where you can't contain yourself because you just want to be so close to God at theat moment. Where you would lay down on your face for him or you would shout at the top of your lungs for him. But at that moment, in that time, you just want to give all you praise to him, and worship him to give your thank's for all the things he has done for you....

1 Clap your hands, all you nations;
shout to God with cries of joy.
2 How awesome is the LORD Most High,
the great King over all the earth!

3 He subdued nations under us,
peoples under our feet.

4 He chose our inheritance for us,
the pride of Jacob, whom he loved.
Selah

5 God has ascended amid shouts of joy,
the LORD amid the sounding of trumpets.

6 Sing praises to God, sing praises;