Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloween

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Halloween   Halloween Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:47 pm

okay... I'm guilty.. I took my kids door to door. I know I wasn't supposed to, but I was taken when I was a kid and I didn't think it was fair if they couldn't go. My Mom looked at me and said "this is the devils day" i looked her right back and said "this is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it"

I've never read anywhere in the Bible "thou shalt not get candy door to door" And God hasn't convicted me on it. I mean, I won't be going to haunted houses, scary movies, and all those sorts of things, but I don't see anything wrong with clean fun. My kids will never dress up as anything unGodly. Isaiah was a Spiderman and Hannah was a cat. I just don't like the idea of depriving them of something to do in a town that has few things to do for kids.

I don't think God is going to send me to Hell for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween   Halloween Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:31 pm

I did it with my son when he was younger, also. He had no idea what the holiday represented. All he knew was he was begging for candy and he got it! LOL
No, I don't think you'll be going to hell for entertaining your young children in that way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween   Halloween Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:33 pm

i plan on taking them out for a few years. As long as I teach them the truth, I think they'll turn out okay. I just love having fun. People attack me for dressing up on Halloween, but these people should know better.. I mean... I'd dress up anyday I could get a hold of a costume
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
pray2him4u
Pew Warmer
Pew Warmer
pray2him4u

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween   Halloween Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:54 am

I'm glad you did. They were so cute. But I think Miss Hannah wanted to stay with me... It was probley the large bowl of candy... LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween   Halloween Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloween
Page 1 of 1