Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ministry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

ministry Empty
PostSubject: ministry   ministry Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:29 pm

since we are a local forum and everyone is nearby, what do you guys think of turning our group into a ministry or ministries. They could be online or physical. From being a prayer place online to witnessing in publc.. anything. and instead of giving the glory to some church, we can honestly tell people we are doing it because we love Jesus and not because some pastor told us to.

Give me your input, ideas, event suggestions, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: ministry   ministry Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm not good at suggestions or ideas.
I am good at following directions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: ministry   ministry Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:03 am

well, my ideas in this area would require some participation from the members of the forum. I was thinking doing can food drives for a chosen charity by door to door knocking, and if asked why, we say because we love Jesus. Door to door knocking just to hand out cookies or the like, why? because we love Jesus.. Collect stuffed animals and toys and hand them out on Christmas Eve in poor areas of town. These things can be done in Palmyra and Monroe City as well, I just have no transportation.

Maybe when someone asks for prayer on the forum, we can actually pray for them by typing it out so that maybe they'd be encouraged by the prayer and it would get to God as well. It can be done on rivertalk as well.

Take time to talk about something you learned about in the Bible here or any other forum you participate in for people who come by to read it, if they don't get blessed by it, they'll at least have gotten some of the word in their system.

Things of that nature for now to start small, and if the forum grows, and more people are interested maybe we can do more things just for Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: ministry   ministry Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 am

i take it nobody liked this idea?
Back to top Go down