Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Name in the Book?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Faith
Radically Saved!
Radically Saved!
Faith

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Your Name in the Book? Empty
PostSubject: Your Name in the Book?   Your Name in the Book? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:46 pm

Today I went to my sisters church for a Thanksgiving Dinner. Afterwards they had country and bluegrass gospel music. One song really made me think ! I don't know the name of the song,but one line was, "search the book for my name again before you make me go." He talked about how he went to church every Sunday and other good things he had done, but then said he never got on his knees to pray. How awlful to get to Heaven and be turned away because your name wasn't in the book. There's a lot of people out there that only goes to church for "show" or to better their business.Sorry to say, we have a family member that goes to church every Sunday, but doesn't believe in God. Only goes to look better for his clients. How sad. So many doesn't realize they have to except him as their saviour and live for Him. I just can't get this off my mind, all the lost souls that don't know they're lost. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
pray2him4u
Pew Warmer
Pew Warmer
pray2him4u

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Your Name in the Book?   Your Name in the Book? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:15 am

What a shame it is to watch souls lost. I think it is the biggest part of my Christian walk, this subject haunts me. I haven't been the same since I read a book named. The one thing you can't do in Heaven. And that one thing was witness. We get one shot to spread the Gospel to all whom we can reach. I am blessed because I have the chance to do so very often. But I am ashamed that I don't use those chances as I should. I can't even wrap my mind around the concept of waiting at the gate only to be turned away because my "name was not in the book.

Revelation 21:26-27
26The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

And I have a even greater fear of my loved ones names not being there.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Your Name in the Book?   Your Name in the Book? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:58 am

it breaks my heart to see people who think they're going to Heaven just because they go to church. They don't walk the walk daily and they don't understand that they have to put their faith in Jesus. It's hard to explain it to them because they don't see anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07
Saved by the Blood
A2J
A2J
Saved by the Blood

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Your Name in the Book?   Your Name in the Book? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:43 pm

I just got a letter yesterday from my sister-in-law, that said my husband's brother had quit going to church, & wasn't reading his Bible. She said,"He's a good man, though". Being a good man isn't going to get him in to Heaven. People just don't understand. There are so many friends and family that I worry about. I'm afraid there will be a lot at the door asking why their name isn't there. So sad.........

The board is slow today. Might be my computer. I'll be back after I go clean the church. Maybe things will be faster. Smile

Last edited by Saved by the Blood on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for spelling.)
Back to top Go down
pray2him4u
Pew Warmer
Pew Warmer
pray2him4u

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Your Name in the Book?   Your Name in the Book? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Yes, this "they are really good people" is a good catch phrase that I think satan himself had to have started. Because it is the most dangerous one.
And I wish there was but there is no loop hole. God is very clear on this subject.

Matthew 10:38-39
37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Luke 9:22-25
22And he said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life."

23Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. 25What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

So it's up to us to spread the Gospel. To plant seeds, and to pray for the lost. Now I'm not big on the word "calling" but to me this is all of our callings. To be Evangelist.

Romans 10:14-15
14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Name in the Book?   Your Name in the Book? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Name in the Book?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: