Believers In Touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers In Touch

This forum is dedicated to keeping the followers of Christ in Hannibal, MO in touch with each other. We are free to express our opinions as long as we stay respectful. Talk about any topic you wish.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thief

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-08-31

The Thief Empty
PostSubject: The Thief   The Thief Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:19 pm

I think it is amazing how reading the Bible daily chronologically can feed you so much, and teach you so many things. Many of my recent random words have been from the book of Luke because that is what I have been reading lately, and each time I sit down to read, something jumps out at me. The Holy Spirit is faithful to teach you the word of God. Here's what jumped out at me today.

Luke 23:40-43 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Picture a man who just had been pierce by three nails large enough to hold up a human body. This man knew that he was about to die an agonizing death. He was either going to bleed to death or die of suffocation because of broken legs. (It was traditional for the legs to be broken so they person couldn't hold himself up to breathe) He was being humiliated by being executed in public. But instead of thinking about that, what did this man do? He humbled himself before the son of God. He admitted his sin and wished that Jesus would have mercy on him, not at that moment, but in the afterlife. He didn't ask Jesus to save him from the punishment because he realized he deserved what he got, but he acknowledged that Jesus was the savior.

Then we see us today. We are just as guilty as that thief on the cross was, but it is much easier for us to give our lives to Jesus. We don't have that agonizing pain, over hanging doom, and feeling of humiliation crowding our mind, but it's too hard for us to open our lips and admit that Jesus is the savior, the son of the living God. Even us who have put our faith in Christ have difficulty admitting as much. We can say "yeah we're a Christian" and then we move on to the next topic to avoid getting deeper into a discussion on faith. Do we think we are better than the thief that was on the cross? The Bible tell us that our own righteousness s as filthy wrags. What we all deserve is to end up in the pits of Hell for eternity and that is what we would get if it weren't for the grace of God. No, we aren't better than that theif.

I feel compelled to give the gospel message to any who read these that has not put their faith in Jesus.

In the very beginning, God created man to fellowship with Him. They walked and talked together and enjoyed each other's company. God desired to be with us and have a relationship. But them the first man and woman did the only thing God told them not to do. They ate from the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. This was the first sin that mankind committed. Sin seperates us from God. It is like tearing down the bridge between two places and there is no way for them to get in contact again. Throughout the years, man tried over and over again to try to reach God on their own. One example is the building of the tower of Babel. Each time they failed. But God loves us so much that He sent a new bridge to reconnect man with Him. That bridge is named Jesus. Jesus lived a perfect life on earth as an example of the walk we should follow. Then He took our sins on his shoulders and was cruxified so that we may be forgiven for those sins. Three days later, Jesus rose again so that we may have eternal life with Him in Heaven.

Putting your faith in Jesus doesn't have to be some dramatic fancy thing. You don't have to change your ways to do it. As a matter of fact, you can't change your ways until you do it because Jesus is the changer of lives. There's no special prayer you have to say. You just have to do it.

Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
If you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

All you have to do is believe, and go admit to someone that you believe. It's really that simple. There are no conditions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/outbreak07

The Thief
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believers In Touch :: General :: Bible Study-
Jump to: